Today wherein internet technology has become a way of life, many companies prefer selling their products online giving rise to eCommerce sites. No matter how much a company adheres to the rules and fundamentals of eCommerce, there still will be some problem existing.
A vindictive list of the problems encountered by the eCommerce service providers and their solutions are mentioned below:
- Unable to understand what the customer needs. Their buying patterns and techniques. Their habits, lifestyle, expectations etc.
This can be mitigated by proactive and focused marketing research.
- Hiring wrong people. People who have absolutely no idea, how to utilize the internet technology to its maximum use. Ones who come up with crazy ideas which are technologically impossible.
Employing net savvy people irrespective of their qualification as long as they are able to do the work and give the company a successful business.
- Incapability to predict the competitive situation. What strategies they will introduce in the market? Which new brands they will introduce? What price games they will play? What role will the Government play?
Starting a well constructed, well functional eCommerce site is great but totally useless if you can't market it better than the competitors. Using better marketing strategies which will give you an edge over your competitor. Extensive research into the competitor's background their way of functioning etc could help you in planning your strategies accordingly.
- The infrastructure should be viable to the strategy planned for the eCommerce venture. Don't over estimate your resources like your systems your manpower etc. The chosen team should be able to handle the work.
You can mitigate these shortcomings by resource planning and employee training.
- Unable to manage and co-ordinate. No senior management commitment which results in the failure to achieve sufficient corporate resources to complete a project or a task. Unable to obtain employee commitment which is very likely when the planners are not able to explain the project strategy properly to the employees.
These problems can be solved by using a flexible organizational structure, by involving the senior management right at the beginning and explaining the project strategies in details to the employees.
- Establishing an eCommerce site can be time and money consuming Under-estimating these two factors will lead to over expenditure and mental unrest.
Well defined plan with proper time management and buffer zone will help in overcoming these hurdles.
- Getting victimized by organized crime like phishing which leads to identity theft, extortion by using a network of compromised ‘zombie' computers to engage in distributed denial of service attacks against target Web Site until it starts paying protection money.
This article has been compiled by the content development team at Pegasus InfoCorp which pulls subject matter specialists from different work domains. They can be contacted through the Pegasus InfoCorp website at firstname.lastname@example.org. Pegasus InfoCorp is an India based web design, web development and online/ offline software development company. Please visit http://www.pegasusinfocorp.com to read more articles and know more about us!
Other companies and organizations are welcome to reprint this article
on their websites provided the following conditions are met.
- The article is not changed in any manner
- The article is copied as is in its entirety (including back
links to the Pegasus InfoCorp website).
- The company/ organization reprinting the article agrees to
defend, indemnify and hold harmless Pegasus InfoCorp, its employees,
directors, officers, agents, partners and their successors and
assigns from and against any and all liabilities, damages, losses,
costs and expenses, including attorney's fees, caused by or
arising out of claims based upon the use of the article, including
any claim of libel, defamation, violation of rights of privacy
or publicity, loss of service by subscribers and infringement
of intellectual property or other rights.