Due to various reasons like time, money, availability of manpower etc most of the companies are outsourcing their work. There are many risks involved during outsourcing and hence it is imperative to choose the right service provider. The outsourcer should be honest, efficient with good communication skills. This is not a Herculean task. All you have to do is ask the right questions.
Below are some of the points that you should keep in mind while looking for an outsourcing company:
- Do your homework. Find out how many years the company has been outsourcing. Get as much information as possible on the company as to the strength of the company, their financial situation etc.
- Find out about the quality of their services. For e.g. whether they have an ISO and CMM certifications. Customer reference is the best way to figure out a company’s services.
- Before you finalize the outsourcing company it is necessary for you to take into consideration all the hidden costs from maintenance, connectivity/infrastructure, training, transition etc. instead of just the obvious costs such as licensing and consulting costs.
- See that the company makes realistic promises and keeps them.
- The outsourcing company should meet your requirements with respect to data privacy including infrastructure security (Firewalls, Access Controls, Data Encryption, etc) and human resource related (Pre-Recruitment checks, Non-Disclosure agreements, etc.)
- Make sure the company offers business continuity, disaster mitigation plans as a means of reducing your business related risks.
- Companies have to be honest and just when dealing with invoicing specifically in time and material type of contract. Always check for customer reference to make sure the company is honest in financial dealings.
- A customer is morally responsible for any illegal doings of their vendor. Ensure that the company you have chosen to outsource your work is compliant with statutory laws.
- The company you choose should match your work culture and ethics. This will help you in carrying out smooth communication with the company.
- Ensure that they have well trained professionals on their staff and good capacity to handle the work.
This article has been compiled by the content
development team at Pegasus
InfoCorp which pulls subject
matter specialists from different work domains. They can be
contacted through the Pegasus
InfoCorp website at email@example.com. Pegasus
InfoCorp is an India based web
development and online/
offline software development company. Please visit http://www.pegasusinfocorp.com to read more articles and know more about us!
Other companies and organizations are welcome to reprint this article
on their websites provided the following conditions are met.
- The article is not changed in any manner
- The article is copied as is in its entirety (including back
links to the Pegasus InfoCorp website).
- The company/ organization reprinting the article agrees to
defend, indemnify and hold harmless Pegasus InfoCorp, its employees,
directors, officers, agents, partners and their successors and
assigns from and against any and all liabilities, damages, losses,
costs and expenses, including attorney's fees, caused by or
arising out of claims based upon the use of the article, including
any claim of libel, defamation, violation of rights of privacy
or publicity, loss of service by subscribers and infringement
of intellectual property or other rights.