Mini Websites have become the most dominant and cost effective solution to promote and market your products and services. People generally prefer a large site with large number of pages which invariably confuse the visitors. Moreover, most of the pages remain unviewed by the visitor. When people conduct searches in the search engines they expect to get specific results. The normal web surfer spends very little time on sites and does not go beyond 3 to 5 clicks on a site. If the visitor lands at your site and does not find what he is looking for in first two clicks he will automatically switch to another site which he finds more relevant. The concept of direct marketing is always beneficial to the site owner as well as to the visitor.
The idea of mini site is advantageous to small time business or enterprise owners. Being a small business it becomes easy to showcase all the products in few pages. Visitors also find what they are looking for without getting confused.
According to visitor psychology, people give value to straight forward honest offers. Most of the sites now a day are filled with most irrelevant contents as per instructions of any search engine optimizer, which drives visitor away from site as he has so many options to choose.
Take a look at the examples of contents for cake selling site below and decide yourself which one you prefer.
Site one: Welcome to our site, we produce best of products in world. We have cookies, pastries, jellies, etc etc. We are established on ABC with the vision of our founder Mr. XYZ and also greet your visitor with an eye catching animation.
Site two: Looking for cakes? You have come to the right place for Cakes. Below are our regular offerings along with the price, Check out todays special what we have only for you. Like a custom cake of your choice click here and like to know more about us click here.
Definitely the visitor will give more weight to the second site. The reasons are:
- Visitor was searching for “cakes” and likes to know what cake is, and then only he likes to know who the manufacturers of the cakes are.
- The site is offering straight answers to the visitor like the prices etc
- With minimum clicks he is getting all the information.
- The site loads fast which is a very pleasant thing for any visitor compared to site one which has animation on it and will take time to download.
- Site 2 showcases the product prices and discounts immediately which is what all visitors look for.
- Even search engine will give more preference to site 2 as they have specific information's on cakes compared to site one which have other products to sell.
However this is not a hard and fast theory but u can try this for a couple of your pages or can try this on a test page……
This article has been compiled by the content
development team at Pegasus
InfoCorp which pulls subject
matter specialists from different work domains. They can be
contacted through the Pegasus
InfoCorp website at email@example.com. Pegasus
InfoCorp is an India based web
development and online/
offline software development company. Please visit http://www.pegasusinfocorp.com to read more articles and know more about us!
Other companies and organizations are welcome to reprint this article
on their websites provided the following conditions are met.
- The article is not changed in any manner
- The article is copied as is in its entirety (including back
links to the Pegasus InfoCorp website).
- The company/ organization reprinting the article agrees to
defend, indemnify and hold harmless Pegasus InfoCorp, its employees,
directors, officers, agents, partners and their successors and
assigns from and against any and all liabilities, damages, losses,
costs and expenses, including attorney's fees, caused by or
arising out of claims based upon the use of the article, including
any claim of libel, defamation, violation of rights of privacy
or publicity, loss of service by subscribers and infringement
of intellectual property or other rights.