Technical advancement has changed the face of marketing. Gone are the days of traditional door to door marketing, it's the time for marketing through the net. The greatest advantage of marketing online is the ability to reach a wider range of masses in a short time.
Online marketing ranges from researching to what the customer wants to whether they are satisfied with bought products.
There are several significant modes by which you can carry out online marketing;
- Selling your products directly through your website to your visitors or customers. i.e. having an eCommerce website.
- Offering free service or information about your products on your website through which they will be able to contact you and buy your products.
- Enhancing your site traffic by implying the push and pull technique i.e. offering the visitors certain incentives like free downloads, stuff etc.
- Selling advertisement space.
You can enhance your online marketing by following ways:
Search engine optimization
SEO can be done by
- Relevant content writing.
- Link exchange
- Directory listing.
It's a faster way of marketing taking little efforts on the part of the marketer and requires attention of people online to spread by word-of-mouth, word-from-keyboards.
Online marketing and handling an online business are a great source of income if done correctly. There are two basic attitudes towards online marketing;
- Silent marketer: No direct interaction with the customers. Sells from websites, newsgroup, email etc
- Mouth piece: Direct interaction with the customer. Sells through active participation in mailing list, newsgroups etc.
This article has been compiled by the content development team at Pegasus InfoCorp which pulls subject matter specialists from different work domains. They can be contacted through the Pegasus InfoCorp website at email@example.com. Pegasus InfoCorp is an India based web design, web development and online/ offline software development company. Please visit http://www.pegasusinfocorp.com to read more articles and know more about us!
Other companies and organizations are welcome to reprint this article
on their websites provided the following conditions are met.