SEO is a term used day in day out by everyone who owns a website or would like to have a website. However most of the crowd doesn't know SEO, its method and benefits.
What is Search Engine Optimization?
SEO is the process of optimizing a website's position for specific keyword phrases, in search engines, to encourage a better position when these phrases are a part of the Web search. It is the act of improving a website's search engine compatibility by effectively formatting site code, structure, and content to maximize keyword exposure.
There are many misleading myths about SEO which we would like to clear in this article.
- Web clients tend to spend a lot of money on SEO companies based on the company's past performances and end up regretting about loosing money. To avoid this ensure the company you are dealing with is highly informative and co-operative with your doubts. Never finalize a company on the basis of their past performances as the work done by them on the last website may not work on your website. SEO for different websites has to be done in different manners.
- Many SEO companies promise instant link popularity for the client's website which in practicality is not possible. Search engine optimization is an ongoing process for increasing the popularity of the websites in search engines for a particular keyword or some keywords. A good position for a website in the search engine can be obtained in the long run with continuous efforts.
- Most of the people have a misunderstanding that SEO of a website starts after the website is developed but in reality SEO of a website starts as soon as it starts getting developed.
- More the number of back links from other sites, higher is the Google page rank, is a wrong notion people believe in. Search engines while spidering through your website will only consider relevant and good websites that link to your site. If you continuously submit a website to a search engine or use automated systems or programs to submit there are high chances of the search engine considering your site as a spam.
- The ranking of the website does not depend upon the number of times you repeat the same keywords. In fact it depends on the quantity and quality of different keywords that would be mentioned in the web pages as Meta tags.
SEO does not include just a single aspect but a number of factors are important, like content, structure of the web site's copy, page layout, HTML meta-tags and the submission process.
This article has been compiled by the content development team at Pegasus InfoCorp which pulls subject matter specialists from different work domains. They can be contacted through the Pegasus InfoCorp website at email@example.com. Pegasus InfoCorp is an India based web design, web development and online/ offline software development company. Please visit http://www.pegasusinfocorp.com to read more articles and know more about us!
Other companies and organizations are welcome to reprint this article
on their websites provided the following conditions are met.